Wednesday, February 28, 2007

MUSIC VIDEO: World Premiere on MTV, MUCH and the internet

So, I finished shooting my latest music video for urban artist D.O. The video, for the song "Defy the Odds"( request it at FLOW 93.5fm, Toronto) didn't really jump at me at first. Then I got the lyrics and my partner/Head Writer/ Executive Producer and I would do an amazing job of banging out a visualization. What I wanted to capture was a slice of the city, a slice of life which D.O. raps about in the song. The video features a little boy who somehow gets knocked to the ground after hearing voices of children getting louder and louder as he shoots hoops alone on an empty playground. Suddenly, I take the audience travelling across the city - on the subway, to roof tops, allies, barber shops, churches - in a montage symbolizing struggle, determination, and real life. Watch this space for the premiere and look for it across the country in mid-March . To get an idea of what else I've done, soon you'll be able to click here and find out.

No comments: